Employment Lawyers in Washington, DC
Bringing Our Brand of Service to Our Nation's Capital
At Kennard Law, P.C., we are committed to protecting the rights of employees in a wide variety of professions and industries. Over the years, we have built a tremendous reputation representing clients in Houston and throughout the state of Texas. We have expanded our practice into Washington, DC, where we can provide skilled representation to federal employees and others who are facing legal issues in the course of their employment.
Our firm's experienced lawyers fight for the rights of employees, pursuing the full compensation they deserve for damages suffered at the hands of employers and other co-workers. You can rely on our firm to make sure your legal matter is addressed immediately and resolved as soon as possible to serve your interests.
Representation for Your Employment Legal Issue
If you believe that your employee rights have been violated, it is important to consult with an experienced legal team that can help you understand your rights and options. At Kennard Law, P.C., we have the proven ability to handle the most complex cases. From wage and hour violations to workplace retaliation to wrongful termination, we are committed to pursuing the best possible outcome for our clients.
From our Washington, D.C. location, we pursue favorable outcomes for our clients in employment law cases involving:
- Wage & hour
- Non-compete agreements
- Severance agreement
- Sexual harassment
- Unemployment hearing
- Family medical leave act
- Wrongful termination
- Worker adjustment and retraining notification act (WARN)
- Professional athlete representation
- Small business representation
- Immigration services
- Civil litigation
- Civil rights
- Work injuries
Ways Your Employer May Be Violating Your Rights
Many workers assume that their employer understands and complies with labor and employment laws on a regular basis. In reality, there are numerous businesses that are violating employee rights every single day. While some companies do this intentionally, others simply make mistakes. Either way, if they are breaking the law, they are engaged in illegal activity and their intentions do not really matter.
Ultimately, it is up to the worker to ensure that his or her rights are not being infringed upon. Here are some common workers’ rights violations to watch out for in your workplace:
- Misclassification of employees
- Failure to pay minimum wage
- Keeping inaccurate records
- Restricting employee speech
- Failure to provide a safe work environment
- Presence of discrimination
- Sexual harassment from employers or co-workers
- Termination for illegal reasons
- Retaliation against those who file claims for unlawful practice
- Failure to provide benefits stated in the employment contract
How We Advocate for Your Rights in the Workplace
When you are going up against your employer in a legal case, it can feel intimidating. Having an experienced employment lawyer on your side can help you even the playing field and empower you to assert your rights. Our team at Kennard Law, P.C. has extensive experience protecting the rights of workers whose rights have been violated.
Our employment law attorneys in Washington DC can help you:
- Understand your rights and what you can expect in your claim.
- File an EEOC claim in a timely manner and represent you during the investigation process.
- Represent your interests in court and during arbitration/mediation.
- Negotiate a fair settlement with your employer.
- Investigate your discrimination, harassment, or wrongful termination claim.
- Protect you from retaliation for filing an employment claim.
- Review your employment contracts for potential issues, including severance agreements and noncompete agreements.
Whether you are filing a claim against an employer of a small business or a large corporation, we have the resources, experience, and dedication to fight for your interests.
Call us toll-free at (855) 499-4514 to discuss your needs with our experienced employment attorneys in Washington, DC.
Board-Certified in Labor and Employment Law
Our founding attorney, Alfonso Kennard Jr. is board-certified in labor and employment law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
When you hire us, you work directly with your lawyer, who will spend time learning about your situation and goals. Your case will not be passed off to a paralegal.
We Used to Represent Large Companies; Now We Represent You
Having represented Fortune 500 companies in the past, this places us in a unique position to provide valuable insight when representing workers.
Dedicated to Protecting the Rights of Employees
We understand you have probably never faced a matter like this before. Our attorneys are dedicated to guiding and protecting you through this. You will always remain involved and informed as your case moves forward.
Cost-Effective and Accessible
For potential clients who would like to consult with us but are unable to come to our office, we are now offering phone and video consultations for your convenience.
At Kennard Law, P.C., client satisfaction is of utmost importance. You don't have to take our word for it. Read what past clients have to say here!