Discrimination Attorneys in San Diego
Experienced Guidance for Employment Law Issues
When it comes to any discriminatory behavior found in the workplace, both federal laws and California state laws are extremely strict. Such cruel bias, whether against age, race, gender, or much more, has longtime consequences, and thus cannot be tolerated. In today’s society, discrimination is not just found in physical or verbal harassment, though these are certainly included. Any time that an employer fires an employee, demotes them, denies them crucial benefits, excludes them from critical work events or meetings, or otherwise treats them unfairly on account of certain characteristics guarded by the law, such behavior counts as illegal discrimination.
If you have been a victim of such behavior, it is time to take action with the aid of our discrimination lawyers in San Diego. Here at Kennard Law, P.C., our team is committed to standing against prejudice and standing for our clients.
Types of Unlawful Discrimination
When it comes to personal classifications and characteristics which are safeguarded by federal and California law, there are many types of claims.
Just a few examples of the kinds of discrimination claims which we have successfully handled include:
- Discrimination against race, ethnicity, and national origin: No employer is allowed to have a bias against an employee on account of their skin color, ethnicity, race, language, culture, national origin, or any form of ancestry.
- Discrimination against disability: If a worker has a mental or physical disability, no matter whether this condition is long-term or short-term, an employer cannot simply discriminate them. Employers are also required to give appropriate accommodations, rather than simply offering a job, position, task, role, or form of benefits to another employee.
- Discrimination against age: An employer is prohibited from stereotyping against an employee simply for their age. If you are over the age of forty you are especially protected from being forced out of work just on account of your age.
- Discrimination against gender and pregnancy: Some employers discriminate against employees on account of their gender, even going so far as to offer less pay and benefits opportunities. Other employers treat employees differently if they get pregnant or need to care for family, either denying leave for familial or maternity care.
These are just a few of the characteristics protected by law, as religion, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, and genetic information are also safeguarded by federal and state government.
Negative Employment Actions
If you are seeking a claim for discrimination in the workplace, you will need to show that your employer specifically created the action of negative employment action and that this was at least partly instigated through discriminatory bias.
Some of these negative employment actions could involve:
- Cases of early termination or inexplicable firing
- Being strongly urged or forced to quit
- A reduction of benefits
- Demotion from a higher position
- Unfavorable and transfer or job assignment
- A sudden decrease in your salary or wages
- Being refused a promotion or opportunity to advance
Contact us now at (855) 499-4514 if you are looking for resolutions and reparations for the suffering you have endured from discrimination in the workplace.
When you have been a victim of such malpractice in the workplace, it is important to take action before it is too late. Remember, you are never alone when you have our discrimination attorney in San Diego to offer powerful, aggressive support against a prejudiced employer.
Board-Certified in Labor and Employment Law
Our founding attorney, Alfonso Kennard Jr. is board-certified in labor and employment law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
When you hire us, you work directly with your lawyer, who will spend time learning about your situation and goals. Your case will not be passed off to a paralegal.
We Used to Represent Large Companies; Now We Represent You
Having represented Fortune 500 companies in the past, this places us in a unique position to provide valuable insight when representing workers.
Dedicated to Protecting the Rights of Employees
We understand you have probably never faced a matter like this before. Our attorneys are dedicated to guiding and protecting you through this. You will always remain involved and informed as your case moves forward.
Cost-Effective and Accessible
For potential clients who would like to consult with us but are unable to come to our office, we are now offering phone and video consultations for your convenience.
At Kennard Law, P.C., client satisfaction is of utmost importance. You don't have to take our word for it. Read what past clients have to say here!