San Diego Employment Attorneys
Facing a Dispute with Your Employer in California?
Often called the birthplace of California, San Diego is a thriving cultural and commercial center. The attorneys at Kennard Law, P.C., established a firm here to serve employees from businesses big and small.
We are committed to helping all employees with any legal concerns, including:
- Wage & hour: Employers who commit wage theft by not paying you overtime, misclassifying your role, or forcing you to work through breaks should be held accountable.
- Discrimination: Workers who have been demoted or fired on the basis of their race, gender, age, religion, disability, or another protected category can pursue legal action against their employer.
- Sexual harassment: When an employer is not taking your sexual harassment claims seriously, or if you are concerned about your career after reporting harassment, we can help.
- Whistleblower: If your employer is committing fraud, you can pursue a whistleblower claim to report the wrongdoing while protecting yourself from retaliation.
- Wrongful termination: Employers cannot fire you because of your race, age, gender, religion, disability, pregnancy, or a protected class. If you've been wrongfully fired, we can help.
- Family medical leave act: There are laws that protect your right to take leave for a medical issue or to care for a loved one. If your employer has denied your leave, it is time to take legal action to protect your rights.
- Worker adjustment and retraining notification act (WARN): If your employer ordered a mass layoff without proper notice under the law, you may be able to pursue compensation for violating your rights.
- Retaliation: You should not have to face adverse action due to reporting your employer's misconduct or wrongdoing. If you've been fired, harassed, demoted, or had your pay cut after speaking out about workplace violations, we are here to help.
- Non-compete agreements: If your employer is making you sign a noncompete, make sure you have an attorney review the specifics in the agreement for potential issues that can put you at a disadvantage.
- Severance agreement: We can provide counsel for reviewing and negotiating fair severance agreements while helping to ensure your best interests are protected.
- Unemployment hearing: If you need legal representation for an unemployment hearing, we can guide you through the process.
- Professional athlete representation: We provide legal counsel for athletes coaches from all professional sports organizations who need trusted guidance over daily legal matters.
- Small business representation: We offer cost-effective services for small businesses ranging from risk mitigation to growth planning. Whether you need full-time counsel or part-time services, we have you covered.
- Work injuries: If you have been injured while at work, you may be able to seek compensation outside of workers' compensation. Let us help you explore y our options.
You have specific rights as an employee, and you should not have to put up with unethical behavior from your employer. We put our comprehensive experience in employment law to work for you. Our San Diego employment attorneys are here to guide you and help resolve your legal issues as soon as possible.
What Employee Rights Do I Have in California?
If you are employed in California, you are entitled to basic rights in the workplace. Your employer is required to uphold these rights, or otherwise, they may be subject to a lawsuit. At the very least, they will be required to take the necessary action to remedy the situation. In some cases, plaintiffs can recover compensation for any losses they have incurred due to the violations.
Some of your rights as an employee in California include:
- The right to freedom from sexual harassment
- The right to fair wages
- The right to a safe work environment
- The right to be free from discrimination
- The right to protection from workplace retaliation (whistleblower rights)
- The right to be protected from wrongful termination
- The right to privacy and the protection of personal possessions
Call (855) 499-4514 to arrange a consultation with one of our employee rights attorneys. With offices in Washington, D.C., Houston, Texas, and elsewhere, our lawyers know employment law.
If you believe that your employer is violating any of your rights as an employee, you should consult with our experienced attorneys immediately. We can evaluate your case to see if you have grounds to file a lawsuit against your employer. If so, we can support you through every stage of the litigation process. Our passion is to help our clients recover compensation for their damages and restore fair treatment in their workplaces.
During your journey, you may come up against obstacles. If you feel your rights have been violated, contact the attorneys of Kennard Law, P.C., today. Our team is dedicated to delivering the personalized attention you deserve, as one of our lawyers works personally with you throughout the duration of your case. Let us put our experience and knowledge to work for you. No matter how complex your case, we can strive to make things right.
Board-Certified in Labor and Employment Law
Our founding attorney, Alfonso Kennard Jr. is board-certified in labor and employment law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
When you hire us, you work directly with your lawyer, who will spend time learning about your situation and goals. Your case will not be passed off to a paralegal.
We Used to Represent Large Companies; Now We Represent You
Having represented Fortune 500 companies in the past, this places us in a unique position to provide valuable insight when representing workers.
Dedicated to Protecting the Rights of Employees
We understand you have probably never faced a matter like this before. Our attorneys are dedicated to guiding and protecting you through this. You will always remain involved and informed as your case moves forward.
Cost-Effective and Accessible
For potential clients who would like to consult with us but are unable to come to our office, we are now offering phone and video consultations for your convenience.
At Kennard Law, P.C., client satisfaction is of utmost importance. You don't have to take our word for it. Read what past clients have to say here!