Houston Work Injury Attorneys
Pursuing Maximum Compensation for Workplace Accident Victims in Harris County
Have you been injured while at the workplace in Houston, TX? It is an unfortunate scenario to be injured in any form at any location, but suffering harm at the workplace is especially terrible. After all, you daily devote the majority of your time, talents, and labor all to represent the best side of your company. Therefore, the very least that the owners or managers of the property could do would be to make it a safe place for you to work in peace.
If your health and well-being have been harmed where you have been employed, sometimes workers’ compensation can aid you for the loss you have suffered. However, what do you do if your place of employment does not even offer benefits for workers’ compensation? Our Houston work injury lawyers at Kennard Law, P.C. are determined to help you recover damages for whatever negligence you have suffered.
Contact us now at (855) 499-4514 to speak with a work injury lawyer in Houston, TX.
Seeking Aid Outside of Workers’ Compensation
Many injuries that occur within the workplace tend to be covered by Texas laws for workers’ compensation. However, there are instances where certain places of employment or various companies, often geared towards “independent contractors,” do not offer such compensation benefits.
Alternatively, you might have been injured at your workplace, but not specifically due to the negligence of your employer or colleague. When you have suffered harm on account of the problematic behavior of other people outside of work, but still on the premises of the workplace, you have the right to make a claim that is completely separate from your workers’ compensation suit.
Some examples of these types of injuries could include:
- Being involved in a car accident with a negligent driver as you are on your way to work
- Sustaining injuries from a defective piece of machinery, tool, or other equipment that happened to be onsite
- Becoming ill from a poorly labeled or expired meal sold on the premises
- Having a slip and fall due to the neglect of the property designer
How Can I Get Compensation After Being Injured at Work?
Following a work-related accident, injured workers typically have the following options:
- The injured worker will not be able to file a lawsuit against their employer or recover damages from them if they accept Workers' Compensation benefits from their employer
- The employee can file a lawsuit against their employer (assuming the employer does not provide Workers' Compensation coverage) to recover past and future medical expenses, lost wages, pain, suffering, and any other damages that they are legally entitled to recover
- Worker accepts workers' compensation benefits, but sues any other third parties or companies that caused or contributed to the accident
How Can I Recover Damages Through a Lawsuit?
The following damages are typically awarded to injured workers:
- Medical expenses, past and future
- Lost wages from the past and the future
- Pain and suffering in the past and in the future
- Mental anguish in the past and in the future
- Disfigurement and impairment of the past and future
- If the accident was fatal or the safety violation was egregious, punitive damages might be awarded
How Our Lawyers Can Help
Here at our office of Kennard Law, P.C., our attorneys have gained crucial experience in protecting those who have been injured at the workplace. We devote our time to making sure you receive dedicated, personalized attention and service, and can tailor the method that we approach our case to offer you premium support. Not only are we able to detail the process of filing a claim, but we are constantly able to keep you updated on every development that takes place along the way.
We proudly provide work injury lawyer services to Texans of: Houston, Katy, Spring, Pearland, Sugar Land, The Woodlands, Conroe, and the surrounding areas.
Contact us now at (855) 499-4514 to get any of your questions about work injuries answered by our dedicated team.
When it comes to suffering from injuries that occurred from simply being on the job, you cannot let this horrible situation simply be overlooked. Do not try to merely tolerate your painful circumstance, but instead seek the aid of our dedicated Houston work injury attorneys. Whether your pain was caused by your employer and you are seeking aid since your job does not give workers’ compensation, or whether you have been injured by another third party, Kennard Law, P.C. is devoted to caring for your well-being.
Board-Certified in Labor and Employment Law
Our founding attorney, Alfonso Kennard Jr. is board-certified in labor and employment law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
When you hire us, you work directly with your lawyer, who will spend time learning about your situation and goals. Your case will not be passed off to a paralegal.
We Used to Represent Large Companies; Now We Represent You
Having represented Fortune 500 companies in the past, this places us in a unique position to provide valuable insight when representing workers.
Dedicated to Protecting the Rights of Employees
We understand you have probably never faced a matter like this before. Our attorneys are dedicated to guiding and protecting you through this. You will always remain involved and informed as your case moves forward.
Cost-Effective and Accessible
For potential clients who would like to consult with us but are unable to come to our office, we are now offering phone and video consultations for your convenience.
At Kennard Law, P.C., client satisfaction is of utmost importance. You don't have to take our word for it. Read what past clients have to say here!