Houston Discrimination Attorneys
Discrimination Is Wrong; We Can Make Things Right
Discrimination in the workplace can happen for a variety of reasons. Regardless of the offense, job candidates and employees not only lose out on positions, promotions and pay raises, but are also left to feel angry and humiliated. If you find you have been the victim of discrimination at work, Kennard Law, P.C., can help you file a complaint with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and more.
Types Of Illegal Employment Discrimination
We are able to represent any type of discrimination that occurs in the workplace, including:
- Race: Racial discrimination can encompass personal characteristics such as hair texture, skin color, facial features, etc., as well as being married or associated with someone of a specific race.
- Age: Employers are prohibited from discriminating against workers over the age of 40. Firing someone due to their age or making ageist comments are just a few examples of age discrimination.
- Disability: If an employer treats someone less favorably due to their disability, or fails to provide reasonable accommodations, the employee may be able to pursue a claim of disability discrimination.
- Gender: An individual's gender identity, whether male, female, or transgender, is protected under the law.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women must be provided with certain accommodations similar to disability accommodations, and it is unlawful for employers to terminate, demote, or pay a woman less due to her pregnant status.
- Sexual orientation: A worker's sexual orientation is protected under the law, and LGBT workers can pursue an EEOC claim if they experienced harassment or bias in employment decisions due to their orientation.
- Religion: Discriminating against a worker due to their religious beliefs or their association with someone of a certain religion is illegal under the law. This can include accommodating a worker's grooming, dress, and observance of religious holidays.
Throughout your case, our caring legal team will be highly responsive to all of your needs. At Kennard Law, P.C., you will have direct access to your attorney, and he or she will provide personal attention and ensure that you are kept informed of developments each step of the way.
Compensation & Damages for Victims Of Discrimination In Texas
According to the Civil Rights Act of 1991, victims of employment discrimination are eligible for financial compensation if the discrimination was intentional.
Some of the damages that can be recovered for victims of discrimination can cover:
- Lost future wages or back pay
- Lost benefits
- Emotional distress or mental anguish
- Attorney fees
- Punitive damages (for very egregious cases)
Our law firm has a strong track record of obtaining justice for victims of workplace discrimination. Through extensive experience and highly skilled case analysis, our attorneys build solid cases for discrimination clients. Our legal approach focuses on results, as our lawyers seek creative, intelligent strategies to consistently obtain favorable outcomes for our clients.
Laws Protecting Workers Against Discrimination
Regardless of your rank on the company ladder, it is illegal for an employer to discriminate based on certain factors. Contact our employment law firm if you have experienced:
A violation of the Civil Rights Act of 1964: Discrimination based on color or race, discrimination based on national origin, gender discrimination, religious discrimination, pregnancy discrimination
A violation of the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967: Age discrimination
A violation of the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990 or the Rehabilitation Act of 1973: Disability discrimination (or failure to provide reasonable accommodation)
A violation of the Equal Pay Act of 1963: Equal pay discrimination
To schedule a consultation with a Texas employment lawyer, call us at (855) 499-4514 today. We are here to help.
We provide comprehensive legal services in employment law, small-business law, and civil litigation. Contact our law firm today to discuss your important legal matter with one of our experienced Houston workplace discrimination lawyers. Se habla español.
Board-Certified in Labor and Employment Law
Our founding attorney, Alfonso Kennard Jr. is board-certified in labor and employment law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
When you hire us, you work directly with your lawyer, who will spend time learning about your situation and goals. Your case will not be passed off to a paralegal.
We Used to Represent Large Companies; Now We Represent You
Having represented Fortune 500 companies in the past, this places us in a unique position to provide valuable insight when representing workers.
Dedicated to Protecting the Rights of Employees
We understand you have probably never faced a matter like this before. Our attorneys are dedicated to guiding and protecting you through this. You will always remain involved and informed as your case moves forward.
Cost-Effective and Accessible
For potential clients who would like to consult with us but are unable to come to our office, we are now offering phone and video consultations for your convenience.
At Kennard Law, P.C., client satisfaction is of utmost importance. You don't have to take our word for it. Read what past clients have to say here!