Alfonso Kennard, Jr., is a nationally recognized attorney and trial lawyer and the founding Shareholder of Kennard Law P.C. He is Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and spent nearly a decade in large national law firms before starting this Firm to help employees. Mr. Kennard services each of the Firm's offices throughout the State and Washington D.C.
- Assists executives, managers, public and private sector employees, and individuals with their employment law-related claims
- Assists small businesses to stay in compliance with Federal and state laws advises clients on how to avoid litigation and helps smaller and medium-sized business protect and assert their legal rights
- Represents individuals and small business owners through the litigation process in both state and federal courts
- Handles litigation dealing with employment discrimination, wage and hour issues, and compliance with non-competes and the protection of trade secrets through non-disclosure agreements
- Mr. Kennard has received multiple favorable results and verdicts for his clients in both bench and jury trials as a first-chair trial attorney and lead counsel
- Mr. Kennard regularly defeats large corporations and their vast networks of attorneys in significant employment and civil trial matters
- Mr. Kennard has shaped and created law through success in appeals courts and trial court decisions
Mr. Kennard is a Past President of the Notre Dame Alumni Association in Houston and is also a Commissioner for the City of Houston Contract Compliance Commission as an appointee of Mayor Bill White. Mr. Kennard also serves on the Board of Directors for the St. Mary's University School of Law Alumni Association and mentors business leaders at Stanford University's LBAN program at the Graduate School of Business.
Mr. Kennard received his Business Degree in Marketing from the University of Notre Dame, home of the Fighting Irish. While at Notre Dame, Alfonso served as the President of the Class of 1999. While attending law school at St. Mary's University, Mr. Kennard served as the Student Body President and received the Outstanding Law Student Award.
Mr. Kennard is fluent in Spanish and can assist clients accordingly.
In 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 Mr. Kennard was named a "Rising Star" in Texas Super Lawyers magazine. In 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021, Mr. Kennard was named a Texas Super Lawyer. Super Lawyers recognition is a Thomson Reuters service. Less than 1% of all lawyers receive this distinction. As a national employment law expert, Mr. Kennard is regularly invited to speak at conferences and seminars all over Texas and the United States on Employment Law matters and is frequently asked to give interviews on television, radio, and national publications regarding employment law.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Labor and Employment
- Civil Rights Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Labor and Employment Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Civil Litigation
- St. Mary's University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
- Honors: Student Body President
- Honors: Sole Recipient, Outstanding Law Student Award
- Honors: 2002 Moot Court Competition Winner and Best Brief award winner
- Honors: Board Of Directors, Texas Young Lawyers' Association
- University of Notre Dame
- Honors: President of the Class of 1999