Alfonso Kennard Jr.
ALFONSO KENNARD, JR., is the founding Shareholder of Kennard Law, P.C. He is Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, and spent nearly a decade in large national law firms before starting this Firm to help employees. Mr. Kennard services each of the Firm's offices throughout the State.
- Assists individuals with their employment law related claims
- Assists small businesses to stay in compliance with Federal and state laws, advises clients on how to avoid litigation, and helps smaller and medium sized business protect and assert their legal rights
- Represents individuals and small business owners through the litigation process in both state and federal courts
- Handles litigation dealing with employment discrimination, wage and hour issues, and compliance with non-competes and the protection of trade secrets through non-disclosure agreements
- Mr. Kennard has received favorable results and verdicts for his business clients in both bench and jury trials as a first-chair trial attorney.
Mr. Kennard is the Immediate Past President of the Notre Dame Alumni Association in Houston and is also a Commissioner for the City of Houston Contract Compliance Commission as an appointee of Mayor Bill White. Mr. Kennard also serves on the Board of Directors for the St. Mary's University School of Law Alumni Association.
Mr. Kennard received his Business Degree in Marketing from the University of Notre Dame, home of the Fighting Irish. While at Notre Dame, Alfonso served as the President of the Class of 1999. While attending law school at St. Mary's University, Mr. Kennard served as the Student Body President and received the Outstanding Law Student Award.
Mr. Kennard is fluent in Spanish and can assist clients accordingly.
In 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Mr. Kennard was named a "Rising Star" in Texas Super Lawyers magazine. Super Lawyers "Rising Star" recognition is a Thomson Reuters service. Mr. Kennard is regularly invited to speak at conferences and seminars all over Texas on Employment Law.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Labor and Employment Litigation and Counseling
Certified Legal Specialties
- Labor and Employment Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Civil Litigation
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- St. Mary's University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
- J.D. - 2002
- Honors: Student Body President
- Honors: Sole Recipient, Outstanding Law Student Award
- Honors: 2002 Moot Court Competition Winner and Best Brief award winner
- Honors: Board Of Directors, Texas Young Lawyers' Association
- University of Notre Dame
- B.B.A. - 1999
- Honors: President of the Class of 1999
- Major: Marketing
Honors and Awards
- "Rising Star", Texas Super Lawyers Magazine, 2010 - 2016
- Super Lawyer
- Legal Leader by Martindale, 2012 - 2016
- Houston Modern Luxury Magazine—Named the sole Labor & Employment Law Power Lawyer for Houston in 2015 and 2016
- HTX Magazine Best Employment Lawyers—2014, 2015, 2016
- Elite Attorney SA Magazine—Best Employment Lawyer
- SA Scene Best Lawyer for Labor & Employment Law, 2012 - 2016
- AVVO Rated—10 stars (perfect rating)
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Notre Dame Alumni Association, Past President
- City of Houston Contract Compliance Commission, Commissioner
- St. Mary's University School of Law Alumni Association, Board of Directors
- HISBA, Board of Directors